Our donors make anything possible for Sandusky City Schools’ students. The Sandusky Education Foundation sincerely appreciates their generous support. Donors are encouraged to support the mission of Sandusky Education Foundation through a variety of ways:
- Donate an unrestricted gift to support where it is needed most each year.
- Donate as a memorial or a tribute to honor someone special.
- Consider a charitable gift from your annual IRA required minimum distribution.
- Please check out your company’s employee matching giving programs.
- Establish a planned gift to benefit Sandusky Education Foundation after your lifetime.
The Sandusky Education Foundation is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization under the provisions of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Please consult with your tax advisor if you have any questions on the deductibility of your donation.
Unrestricted donations, such as memorials or tributes, are used to support the foundation’s general fund and grantmaking programs. These gifts give the foundation board the flexibility to respond to compelling needs or to explore innovative opportunities that benefit students and the school community.
Endowed funds, such as a scholarship or a designated fund, may be named in recognition of the donor or the donor’s designee. Each fund agreement is defined in consultation with the donor and the Education Foundation at the time the fund is established.
With a gift of $10,000, a donor may establish an endowed fund. Fund minimums can be contributed over a five-year period. The foundation accepts donations of cash, stock, bonds, insurance, real estate, and property. The fund may be named in honor or in memory of a loved one. For more information on establishing an endowed fund, please contact the Sandusky Education Foundation office at 419-370-3770.
Donor Bill of Rights
The Sandusky Education Foundation believes that philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good and is essential to the quality of life in our community. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and expectations of our donors, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the Sandusky Education Foundation’s mission, the intended use of donated resources and of its capacity to use donations as intended.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the Sandusky Foundation’s Board of Directors, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the Sandusky Education Foundation’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate and timely acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is managed with respect and confidentiality.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity to remove their names from the Sandusky Education Foundation’s mailing lists, and to be assured that donor lists will never be sold, rented or exchanged with individuals or other organizations.
- To feel free to ask questions when donating and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.